SRI VANI VIDYASHALA HIGH SCHOOL is a co-educational institution established in 1947. It has three sections, viz. K. G. , Primary and Secondary Sections. The medium of instruction is English.
The school is an institution aided and recognized by Government of Maharashtra and is subject to inspection by the Education Officer, Zilla Parishad, Thane.
The Secondary Section of the school is managed by a School Committee of Trustees, appointed in accordance with the provision of Maharashtra Secondary School Code by The South Indian Association (Regd.) Kalyan, registered under the Societies Registration Act, XXI of 1860 (No. 2545 of 1950-51 of March 29, 1950) and the registrar of Public trust Act XXIX of 1950 NO. F-25 (Thane) of February 27, 1954.
The school prepares pupils for the Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Examination, Mumbai.
1. The minimum attendance required for a student is 75% of the total number of working days of school. Any student, who does not get the minimum attendance, is liable to be detained in the same class though he/she is eligible to pass or for promotion.
2. During the absence of a teacher in a class or the time between one teacher leaving the class and another entering into it, the Monitor will be responsible for the order and discipline of the class.
3. The movement of students along the corridors when they change classes and when they leave school after the last bell should be orderly, silent and in a single line keeping to the left. Disorderly movement on the part of any student is liable for punishment.
4. Students should not scribble on the class room/compound walls or spoil the floors. They should not throw papers or waste things anywhere in the school premises. They should make use of dustbins provided for the purpose.
5. No collection of any kind (money or material) should be made by any student or group of students in the school premises unless they are authorized by the Head of the Institution.
6. No presents or gifts of any kind to the members or to the staff are allowed.
7. No student is permitted to bring transistor, mobile phones, razor-blades or knives, any other book like magazines, etc. to the school. If found, they are liable to be confiscated. The use of pencil sharpner is recommended.
8. The parent may communicate to the Head of the Institution any matter regarding their ward’s progress with previous appointment. Complaints, if any, should also be addressed to the Head of the Institution.
9. Any serious breach of discipline, courtesy and respect to any member of the school staff will be seriously treated and the student responsible for such misbehaviour will be dismissed.
10. Parents are requested to go through the remarks made by teachers or Head of the Institution in the calendar to know the day to day progress and behaviour of their wards in the school.
11. Students should note that they are responsible to the school authorities not only for their conduct in the school but also for their good behaviour outside. If student’s conduct is found to be objectionable, the student is liable for disciplinary action.
12. Students coming to school without proper uniform or foot wear will not be allowed to
13. No student will be allowed to go home during the school hours. Parents should not send leave letter to send their wards home at any time during school hours.
14. No student will be allowed to bring two wheelers or bicycle in the school premises.
15. Books or periodicals not approved by the school authorities shall not be brought into the school premises.
16. Books, stationary, tiffin box etc. should bear the name of the child and the student is responsible for their safe keeping.
17. A complaint box is provided at the entrance verandah of the school. Parents/Guardians who have got some legitimate complaints or suggestion may use the complaint box.
18. Text book reading practice is to be maintained.